Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Editing Experiences !!!!!

How is it going Fellasss???????

Okay, every body in class knows what is editing (expectantly =]) so no need to explain the term. Me having said that, I guess I’m going to move to my experiences with editing texts. Last year, when I was in high school, I had a group project in physics in which every single group member had to carry out to tasks. My tasks were researching some topics related to electromagnetic radiations and also editing all researched papers of the whole group, though everybody knows I’m not good at it (Ya I know makes no sense). Anyhow, while doing all that much of editing I discovered something very crucial at least it comes from my own perspective, that when a person edit someone’s else work the editor will slowly start to build or develop an enhanced coherent writing skills. Since, reading someone else’s work will give you certain impressions on how to fix a certain sentence or find a better nuance for a specific word. This again in my own perception makes me believe that editing a big load of writing makes the editor a better writer. Although, I never heard a teacher or even an English teacher mention anything about editing relating to improving writing skills, but I still believe what I believe. Finally, I would like to wrap up by saying that In my opinion editing is the toughest part when writing a hand in essay that worth a lot of marks =(. Especially, if the individual suck at it like me =).

1 comment:

Scott Douglas said...

It's true . . . editing one's own paper is really hard. Even for me, I often miss my own mistakes when I read over something I have written. I usually have to leave to for a day or two before I can look at it again with "fresh eyes"